Canon 90D vs Nikon Z6 vs G9 Deer Photography workshop

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Interceptor121 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,896
Canon 90D vs Nikon Z6 vs G9 Deer Photography workshop

I started my own deer photography workshops here near Milton Keynes

Last week I had two customers one with a Canon 90D with 75-300 kit lens and another with a Nikon Z6 and 200-500mm VR lens

I took the PL 100-400 to emulate their field of view (I do not user this lens for deer photography is too slow)

At the end of the session the client with the 90D had the best shots as she listened to the briefing and had a better idea despite her camera was very much on par if not worse than the G9

The client with Z6 had some issues with his rental lens but his camera did produce usable images at ISO 6400. His kit was heavy and sometimes he missed zooming for framing due to the sheer weight

On the grounds there are now photographers with DSLR and 100-400 or 150-600 and a deck chair all carry around a tripod but this is a problem as you need to move where the action is

In summary I thought none of those set up was better than my PL 200mm with/without 1.4 TC however the PL100-400 on overcast days at sunrise is just not fast enough for what is required

Ultimately the most important skills were photography and field craft or ability to listen to instructions

Curious what other cameras I will see coming

Interceptor121's gear list:Interceptor121's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix DC-GH5 II Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro +14 more
Canon EOS 90D Nikon Z6 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow