Approximating old school - SL vs Q

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
floyd_of_oz Regular Member • Posts: 171
Approximating old school - SL vs Q

Im chasing the dragon....Im nostalgically lusting after my youth - at the end of the film era, when FE2's were a dime-a-dozen and fast fifties were cheap as chips....I long for the focus, the purposefulness, the tactility, the object as inspiration...with the convenience of ones and zeros. I want a body and a lens over my shoulder or in my bag everywhere I go that constantly whispers to me endearingly to be used.

If the Q was available with a 50 1.4, it would be the answer to my forthcoming query. However, 28 just isnt really me....However I could be persuaded.

To the question at hand: can an SL with a manual lens (in my case, one of the VM 50mm's) be seen as essentially a 50mm Q, with a better grip?

Can it be used as, and feel like a film R6 with a digital back - or does it still feel like one is using a computer, not a camera?

Canon EOS R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow