Can't Update Firmware on GR IIIx

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
descender421 Junior Member • Posts: 27
Can't Update Firmware on GR IIIx

I just got the camera in today and am going by the steps on the official firmware page to get to version 1.5 since it appears this came with version 1.0. Once I have the .bin file located at the root of my memory card and reinsert with a fully charged battery, I hold the menu button and press the on/off button to no avail. It just turns the camera on as normal. I've also tried holding both as well as trying a different memory card.

Has anyone ran into this in the past or perhaps I'm missing something? Thanks in advance.

Edit:  I may delete this post in embarrassment if someone can respond with my most likely conclusion.  I'm going to guess version 1.0 is specific for the GR IIIx and that I'm good to go and that version 1.5 is for the GR III (non X) specifically

descender421's gear list:descender421's gear list
Ricoh GR IIIx Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR +1 more
Ricoh GR III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow