More from the sort-of reunion

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RichDitch
RichDitch Senior Member • Posts: 1,013
More from the sort-of reunion

I recently posted some photos from a small get together in Phoenix of three friends from high school 55 years ago. I finally worked through the too many shots I took during their visit, so here is a second batch to compliment the previous post .

The bulk of the photos were taken at the Commemorative Air Force exhibit in Mesa, AZ, where a number of mostly WW II planes are on display. The star of the collection is a fully operational B17 bomber named Sentimental Journey. After squeezing through the interior of this plane I was delighted to find a number of inscriptions hand written in permanent marker on the inside of the bomb bay doors. I took a bunch of photos with my V2 and 6.7-13 lens, but didn't have the energy to get any lower to record more of them. but that is at the top of my list for my next visit, when I'll likely use a J5 and 18.5/1.8 lens.

I finished the reunion with a few people photos.

My friend ED, V3 with 32/1.2 in low light.

Our group of four (me at top left). V2, 10/2.8, SB-N7 with diffuser cap pointed up.

For the group shot I put a V2 with 10/2.8 on a tripod, along with an SB-N7 wearing a diffuser pointed straight up, and fired with the little wireless remote. Although it didn't put out much light with the very high ceiling it made for very nice lighting.

-- hide signature --

You can see a lot just by looking.
WSSA #449

Nikon 1 J5 Nikon 1 V3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow