#onecameraonelensoneyear 8 months in

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Johan O E Regular Member • Posts: 144
#onecameraonelensoneyear 8 months in

Time really flies fast these days. What started as a fun project for myself has taken off in all kinds of directions.

This is an ongoing project from 14th of February 2021 to 14th of February 2022.

Camera: FujifilmXE1 Lens: Konica Hexanon 40mmF1.8 Adapter: K&F

Total cost used ca 160 euros with adapter. Alot less than any Fujifilm lens.

I'm hoping more photographers and non photographers can be inspired to follow a similar route. Maybe just try it for a month.

So what has happened the past 8 months?

• I've now printed over 100 of the photographs to see the colours and rendering in print and to see which ones to choose for the book
  • I've been in loud conversations with people with GAS and FF pro cameras that my setup cannot be used for professional photography.
  • Two of the photographs are in an exhibition for a few more weeks. One of them got sold for 800euros.
  • I met alot of new photography friends because of this camera setup and project
  • My passion for photography has grown
  • I had a two page interview about the project in Swedens biggest photography magazine.
  • I had to start a new instagram page @xftales which has led to many followers buying the same setup even though some of them are pro's.
  • The project has now turned into a book I hope to publish April 2022
  • More magazines are on the que for interviews and photos about the project including Fujilove magazine
  • I've realized I prefer this to analogue photography and the XE1 with a manual lens is the closest I've come to the 35mm film experience.
  • I've also come to the conclusion that I like black and white more than colour and I prefer a lot less saturated photographs than I did just a year ago.
  • I've done projects within the projects. With new themes for each month.
  • I pimped out the camera with a new leather strap, a shutter button and a hotshoe cover. I also got a Tiffen black pro-mist 1/4 filter which I have not used much yet.

Anyone else with similar projects?

https://www.stayuntilforever.com/one-camera-one-lens-one-year

Sincerely Johan O E

A pic from last week

In camera double exposure

@xftales

Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow