EOS M50 + Tamron 150-600mm G2

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
thesupersaiyann New Member • Posts: 2
EOS M50 + Tamron 150-600mm G2

Hey all. Fairly new to camera body photography (been using a 550D since April) and I've been looking at new camera body options for the Tamron 150-600mm G2 I have on the way. A 550D is obviously quite a bottleneck so an upgrade is needed. I've been intrigued by the EOS M50 as my first mirrorless camera as it's priced decently used and is nice and light.

Obviously with a big log of a lens like the 150-600mm I'm wondering how would such a small camera like the M50 work with it in terms of balance. But my main concern is with the AF speed, as I've read a decent bit about AF problems with the Tamron G2 and mirrorless cameras in general. Does anyone still use/used this combo and how did you find operating it and how is the autofocus?

Alternatively I've looked at the EOS 70D as it is priced similarly and seems like a decent camera. i've used it briefly as a friend has one and my only gripe is that I feel like it'd be quite heavy with the big Tamron lens. I would be doing aviation photography so there's a lot of standing around etc for multiple hours of the day (sometimes even all day within reason). Otherwise I like the sound of the M50 better for its faster processing speed etc as a newer camera. I'm also aware that I'd need an adapter for the M50 which is another concern considering the weight of the lens.

Can anyone shed any light on these topics? Would you recommend anything else in the same price range?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Canon EOS 550D (EOS Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4) Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M) Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow