Breathing room for the X-H2?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Batdude
Batdude Veteran Member • Posts: 5,857
Re: Breathing room for the X-H2?

rattrr75 wrote:

Batdude wrote:

rattrr75 wrote:

There’s plenty of breathing room for an X-H2. The current crop of $2-2.5k FF cameras is far from perfect.

I’ve been watching the A7iv hype. Even versus the X-T4, it’s not a slam-dunk must-have upgrade when considering the price.

I completely disagree and that camera is indeed going to sell like hot cakes. A few youtubers were right on when they did say that some people were not going to be as impressed or excited as the A7III why because the A7III was the first of its kind and that price point at the time, but things have changed now and Sony has more products then before, so yes this A7IV didn’t come packed with everything to kill their other new model sales. All camera makers do that nasty move once they grow.

But, the A7IV looks to be a fantastic overall well balanced camera, with a new 33MP sensor. I think there is a really good chance the camera will get some really decent firmware upgrades later on. So is this A7IV a “hype”? I don’t think so. The AF is certainly real by the way.

I think it will sell like hotcakes too, and maybe deservedly so. The hype I was referring to was the marketing blitz. YouTube, etc. It means they’re marketing it aggressively. Understandably. Maybe hype is the wrong word. Call it excitement - whatever.

The point I was trying, and apparently failing, to make is that the A7iv (R6, etc.) isn’t SO GOOD such that there is NO room left in the world for the next Fujifilm. Even a $2k+ APS-C Fujifilm. The X-T4 is already capable of recording video at a higher resolution and bitrate than the A7iv, for example. And stills at a much higher FPS. The well-received stills/video switch on the A7iv looks like it was lifted directly from the X-T4.

Anyway, the ball is in Fujifilm’s court now. We’ll see what they do with it…maybe something, maybe nothing.

For me personally, if ALL they did was bring the AF performance up to par with Sony and Canon I’d be completely satisfied. But hopefully they’ll do that and more.

I agree with everything you said.  Hopefully Fuji will start bring out more info next month.  At least.

Batdude's gear list:Batdude's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Nikon D4 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T3 +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow