D5, A9… or waiting for Z9 (sports photography)

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
T O Shooter Forum Pro • Posts: 11,707
Re: Wait till you see the new Nikon 100-400 that leaked yesterday.

lickity split wrote:

sandy b wrote:

The Z9, according to rumors, will have no mechanical shutter, shoot 20 fps 16 bit raw, 30fps reduces size images, shoot an hour of 8k video, shoot 4k 120 unlimited, and have the best AF of any camera period. I think it will be a game changer. And cheaper than a D6.

Enjoy your Sony.

Specs mean nothing, just look at previous Z bodies for unfulfilled promises made.

The Z9 might end up the best camera ever made, but as you said, I'd want more than specs before I laid down a nickel.  (do they even make nickels now )

Again, as you said, I've seen the unfulfilled promises.

One time you could count on the owners of anything new to give a fair assessment, but it's taken about 3 years for the truth to come out.  Such as, after 51 firmware updates, hope this one will fix the AF issues. When I had a D800 that was less than stellar, I pointed it out. Of course, now thinking back, it was likely the same fellows that denied that. 

We shall see. I have noticed that most of the Z9 teasers focus on video (pun in there it seems), and I'm a stills shooter, so there's that.  Again, we shall see.

-- hide signature --

A Canon G5 and a bit of Nikon gear.
---------------------------

T O Shooter's gear list:T O Shooter's gear list
Canon PowerShot G5 Nikon D4S Nikon D500 Nikon D850 +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
NCB
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow