ID-11 and Microphen powder vs DD-X.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ulrik Christiansen
Ulrik Christiansen Senior Member • Posts: 2,156
ID-11 and Microphen powder vs DD-X.

Hi all

I am using DD-X and I am very happy with the results. It is not always on the shelves here in Denmark, so I was wondering if I should incorporate Microphen or ID-11 as powder developers in my analog process.

Microphen, as far as I have read, should be very similar to DD-X and ID-11 being an all rounder, maybe that would be interesting as well.

1L of DD-X is about 32 euros and if I use 1+9 dilution, it'll be around 3-4 euros per roll.

Microphen and ID-11 cost roughly 11 euros for 1L stock solution each. If I use 1+3 dilution, then the price would be the same as DD-X.

Economy aside, shelf life of DD-X is long enough for me to use up the bottle before it goes bad (about one 1 year of dark/cold storage, according to other users).

How do you find the stock solution shelf life of microphen and ID-11?

And in your experience, do you think the results are comparable to DD-X? I know the Dave "The Davinator" uses Microphen for pushing, with just a little more grain.

Thanks

Ulrik Christiansen's gear list:Ulrik Christiansen's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +7 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow