X100V for people who hate touchscreens…?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
stewartpratt Contributing Member • Posts: 679
X100V for people who hate touchscreens…?

I’m vaguely toying with the idea of consolidating a pile of existing kit into an X100V but there’s one thing that seems a major obstacle to that plan: the move from buttons to a touchscreen—which I dislike for a number of reasons, but mainly because I always end up inadvertently activating it when carrying the camera.

I’ve stuck with “buttoned” Fujifilm bodies for all except the XF10, which (unless you give in and just embrace it as a true point-and-shoot) is frustratingly limited once the touchscreen is disabled. The real shame is that Fuji could have easily allowed the joystick to replace the four-way buttons or four directional swipes. I’m a focus-and-recompose kind of guy, so the joysticks are redundant for me. (If anyone from Fuji ever reads this, that’s a firmware request that I’d pay in blood to see… a less ideal alternative would be to be able to assign “touchscreen on/off” to a button so that I could quickly enable it to use a swipe and then immediately disable it again.)

Anyway, there must be others in the same boat who have adapted to life with disabled touchscreens. Currently I use the four-way buttons for ready access to metering mode, AF mode (point vs area) and shutter mode and so on.

Can the X100V provide immediate access to these sorts of functions with the touchscreen disabled? Or is the only viable option to add them into the “My menu”?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow