Canon EF 100-400 (version 1) vs Canon RF 100-400 for Antarctica

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SekouCaldwell New Member • Posts: 1
Canon EF 100-400 (version 1) vs Canon RF 100-400 for Antarctica

Hello All,

I am lucky enough to be on my way to Antarctica in Jan for a few weeks of exploration and photography.  I currently own an R5 and am trying to decide my best telephoto to bring on my trip.  I currently own the Canon EF 100-400, which I use with an EF to RF adaptor on my R5.  Unfortunately, I do not have the budget for an RF 100-500, but am considering purchasing the RF 100-400 in the hopes that a newer lens designed specifically for the RF camera may give better picture quality than an older L series EF lens.  Given the 16 hours of day light, speed isn't really an issue and neither lenses are weather sealed, so that wasn't a decision making point for me either.  Most of the telephoto photography will be of whales and seals.  I plan to bring a 17-40L and maybe a 24-70L as well to complete the travel kit.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Canon EOS R5 Canon RF 100-400mm F5.6-8 IS USM
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow