Long cloudy winter photo projects?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Montanawildlives Senior Member • Posts: 1,386
Long cloudy winter photo projects?

I live in the mountain west of the US and in particular in a valley with a strong inversion; this means that for about the next 5-6 months most of the days will be cloudy with a sort of featureless cloud cover (not much nice popcorn clouds on blue skies)

For the past several years I have just bided my time until some sun managed to get through ( a few times a week maybe), grabbed my camera, and tried to find something interesting to shoot (nature, landscapes, wildlife, nature/bug macro, infrared).

This year, I'm trying to be a little more deliberate and come up with a few projects that I can work on to tide me over until spring arrives and the sun and sky return.

Anybody have any particular things they like to shoot on overcast, low-contrast, colorless (dare I say, dreary?) days? Lots of forests, rivers, and mountains in the area, and I'm not much interested in people photography (although rural decay and cemeteries are ongoing projects).

Thanks.

-- hide signature --
 Montanawildlives's gear list:Montanawildlives's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D500 Fujifilm X-T3 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +6 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow