Again hiking with the EM5.3 & 12-200 kit

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Yannis1976
Yannis1976 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,107
Again hiking with the EM5.3 & 12-200 kit

Went for another hike today for a couple of hours. Once again cant praise enough the versatility and convenience of the EM5.3 with the 12-200. I had also the 60mm with me, but didn't use it this time.

These small flowers are all over the green flοra in Greece

and can grow literally everywhere as long as there is some sun

The end of the trail was to an old dam, where now there is a swamp

surrounded by trees. Fall is everywhere here

and the colors are sooo beautiful

due to the swamp and the trails one can meet several off-road drivers testing their skills

That one was driven by a lady and she was good passing the small hill on the first try!

Having a 12-200 lens means you can get wide shots as this one and at the same time you can zoom in

and get this photo

or this one

After spending about an hour walking and an hour shooting on the swamp, we decided to return back

So, I hope you enjoyed at least some of them.

From a technical point, I really enjoy the EM5.3 and especially the 12-200 (haven't used my XT3 on a hike for the last month!!). I am really impressed by the colors, the small size and weight of the EM5.3 body and the overall experience.

My only complain is the build quality of the EM5.3 body. Apart from the thump grip which was off and had to glue it back, I have noticed that the microphone small cover on the left keeps popping out! Not that secure for a weather resistant camera...

Anyway, I am planning to delve a bit more on the m43. I already sold my Fuji 60 macro and plan to get a 17/1.8 and 9-18 when I find them at good price used.

Yannis1976's gear list:Yannis1976's gear list
Olympus TG-5 Canon G5 X II Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 16-80mm F4
Fujifilm X-T3 Olympus 12-200mm F3.5-6.3 Olympus E-M5 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow