?: For wildlife photography, Canon r6 or Sony a7riv?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
greyhoundrick
greyhoundrick Regular Member • Posts: 434
?: For wildlife photography, Canon r6 or Sony a7riv?

Hello everyone,

I currently own a Sony a7riv and a Canon r6. I shoot with 2 systems because I enjoy doing it and although I try to avoid lens redundancy, it happens sometimes, but its worth it to me as I enjoy both systems very much.

For wildlife shooting, especially birds in flight, do you think the r6 with the rf 70-200mm f/2.8 is a better choice than the Sony a7riv with the 70-200mm f/2.8 GM lens?

I know this is a Canon forum, but Id love to hear your opinion, especially if you have experience with these 2 particular models.

I think the r6 has a much better AF system for wildlife where the a7riv has the resolution and can still autofocus pretty well in that environment. I do shoot some of my wildlife in lower light and believe the r6 would win again in that situation. However, I think the a7riv gives a tremendous cropping opportunity with 61MP vs. the 20 of the r6.

I think using software like Gigapixel and DeNoise could help in either scenario, but Id really like to hear what your thoughts are regarding this. Which combo do you think is better for birds in flight?

Thanks much for your time and expertise. I appreciate it very much!

best,

Rick

Canon EOS R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow