Can someone with a RF 14-35 do me a favor?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
R5D4
R5D4 Contributing Member • Posts: 896
Can someone with a RF 14-35 do me a favor?

I am trying to decide whether I want to invest in this lens. The camera store is holding one for me tomorrow, so I have to decide. Primary use would be weddings, and secondary use would be landscapes. I think it goes without saying that it's pretty much a perfect landscape lens, and the weight is a significant factor there.

For weddings, I am torn between this and the 15-35. I don't think I *need* f/2.8. Most of the scenarios I would shoot this lens (wide church shots, receptions) I would stop down anyways.

But what has caught my attention as a major difference, and possibly a strong support for the f/4 is the magnification factor of 0.38x when shot at 35mm, vs only 0.21x for the f/2.8. From some of the sample images I've seen, I think this might be suitably close for ring shots. But I would like to be sure.

If you own this lens, would you mind posting a photo taken at 35mm at minimum focus distance of a ring or some other similarly sized item? Thank you!

R5D4's gear list:R5D4's gear list
Canon EOS R5 Fujifilm X-T3 Canon EOS R6 Canon EF 35mm F1.4L II USM Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow