Sigma FP L + Sigma EF-610 DG Super Flash

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Laurent Venet Forum Member • Posts: 52
Sigma FP L + Sigma EF-610 DG Super Flash

Hello Guys,

I just plugged my old Sigma Flash to the FP L. I was surprised, the FP L and the Sigma flash works quite well : when I change the lens aperture, it's reported back to the flash lcd display.

I never used much my Sigma flash, I need to read again the manual, I got it working by selecting TTL, and I could select zoom + 50mm as I was using the 45mm L lens.

Now the bad thing : as the spec reports, with DNG max sync speed is 1/10s and 1/15 with jpeg which means that you have to avoid shaking it and subject must be a bit still.

Also, I was successful when moving from auto iso to something like 100-400 ISO and tried apertures like 3,2 / 5.6 in manual mode but FP-L display was very dark when composing ( maybe there is an option for this).

So far so good, I wonder why FP L reduce max speed from 1/15 to 1/10 with DNG. Some day I should study flash and artificial lighting seriously.

I hope some firmware could improve sync speed.

Thank you for reading.

Laurent

Laurent Venet's gear list:Laurent Venet's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma SD1 Merrill Sigma sd Quattro H +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow