Panasonic Lumix FZ300 Burst Shots Unavailable Randomly

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dominator211 New Member • Posts: 11
Panasonic Lumix FZ300 Burst Shots Unavailable Randomly

Hye guys I've seen this forum a few times in my research about various camera questions and I hope you guys can help. I have a Panasonic Lumix FZ300 which has been rock solid for the past three years. (barring a few small issues due to having a lot of pictures on one card) Last night it started acting up in a very unusual way. I was shooting in the rain. It was coming down pretty good but it wasn't pouring, also was intermittent so wasn't all the time. About halfway through the second quarter, I lost all burst functions. I was Shooting on "H" in AFS/AFF on Manual.  The SD card is very quick as well as I record 4k video all the time. The camera would not take more than one picture. The pictures it did take were horrendous, I had shot in constant rain before and no issues came up. I did notice on my icons bar up on the top of the screen I saw at least 2 red icons and an "X" over my burst icon. (See Picture for which icons they were) When I tried to control the Shutter Speed and Aperature I could move each dial but everything was grey. If you know this camera or other Panasonic's (I can't speak for other brands) when shooting in the dark there are red lines that show up to tell you which ranges are workable given the specific lighting conditions. I hadn't moved from where I was standing and these red areas were all gone on both lines. (Don't know if this is related to the burst issue but this also happened at the same time)

I tried to work the issue but given it was 45F and raining you can imagine how that went. I tried shifting through all the modes on the Mode Select Dial to no avail. I tried changing the burst rate to "L" and "M" and the issue persisted. Yes, I turned it off and on a few times. I looked in the manual to see what the indicator light meant but the regular or even the advanced manual had any sort of mention of the indicator light I was seeing. Nothing was found on the internet. Personally, my hunch is it had something to do with the rain and some threshold was crossed that made the camera not happy. I have no idea what this threshold would be considering I've shot in this weather before and the camera is advertised as "Weatherproof" (I know this doesn't mean much but I don't think I put my camera in any unreasonable situation).

As of right now, everything is normal, but I don't know what happened or why, so I am not 100% confident it is going to stay normal. If anyone has any idea what this could be please help me out!

Picture of my screen after the incident icons circled were the ones affected

Here are some pictures that I took while the issue was going on, these are not good at all but maybe someone can make something from these

Automatically Dark is the first picture that was affected by the issue.

Dominator211's gear list:Dominator211's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow