Stick with Olympus MFT (M-10) or get new Canon (SL3) so I can use old lenses

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Shelmica New Member • Posts: 4
Stick with Olympus MFT (M-10) or get new Canon (SL3) so I can use old lenses

I am looking for advice on upgrading my equipment to get the best kit for shooting in low light with good focus. I shoot still pics of my dolls and other crafts for magazine articles, and garden photos mainly.  I do a lot of close up's that need a little more depth of field than macro.

I changed from a Digital Rebel XT with a few nice lenses to a MFT Olympus e M-10 several years ago, and absolutely love the touch focus on the Olympus. I often had focus problems with the Rebel, and the Olympus is a lot lighter as well. However the olympus kit lense is too slow for some of my needs.

I have three good Canon  prime lenses, 50mm 1.8, 100 macro 2.8, and 50mm macro 2.5.

Although I love the touch focus, I just looked at the new Canon SL3 and it also has the touch focus.

So, I need advice on whether to stick with my Olympus and add a 1.8 25mm or possibly Sigma 16mm 1.4

or go back to Canon and get the SL3 on which I can use my existing lenses, but I'm nervous that I will have focus issues again.

I will add that I am a senior and my hands are not as steady as they used to be.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow