Dji Air 2s , photo quality vs Mavic Pro noticable?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Becksvart
Becksvart Contributing Member • Posts: 830
Dji Air 2s , photo quality vs Mavic Pro noticable?

Hello,

I've had a Mavic Pro since 2018 and I like how it handles and operates. I'm not in love with the picture quality (dynamic range mostly) but I find it okay if I bracket and merge the dngs in post (EasyHDR).

The photo sessions are usually relatively short, I seldom run a whole battery down unless it is very windy. I like to park it somewhere in interesting light and try shots at different angles.

Lately I've been thinking of getting a new 35mm lens for my milc but the Air 2s rtf costs just the same as the lens I was viewing and the 1" sensor sounds promising over the Mavic Pro. I understand that it cannot stop down and uses a different app, "Dji Fly", though that seems to have most of the camera settings of the Dji GO 4 app used with the Mavic Pro.

I'd like to ask whether you think the Air 2s would be a noticable upgrade, IQ wise? (If there are any other gotyas compared to the Mavic Pro then do tell.)

(The Mavic 3 is around the corner but its price is going to be significantly higher by all accounts)

(The Mavic Pro 2 is also signifcantly more expensive and out of stock everywhere here)

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow