Osprey's and burrowing owls

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
snapa
snapa Veteran Member • Posts: 5,220
Osprey's and burrowing owls

While riding my bike around my neighborhood and local parks 5-6 days a week, I sometimes see wildlife that makes me stop and take a few pictures. Lately, the Osprey's have been quite abundent. Also, I ride right by burrowing owls every day at the local park I ride through. There are 7 nests (burrows) at that one park, and they are all full of owls all year long.

Here are a few shot taken in the past week or so. I hope you like them.

The always seem to eat the head first, for some reason?

This seems to be a light pole they like best, it's about 200 yards from the canal they catch fish.

The same pole (as you can see), different day, different fish, maybe the same Osprey?

These burrowing owls are on the ground 99% of the time, but once in a while I find them in a tree.

This one is on a fence pole at a baseball park.

This is were they are usually seen, next to their burrow.

This is one of the many nests that are about 10 feet from the sidewalk, my bike tire on the right. They do not mind people walking up to within a few feet of them taking pictures with cell phones. It is only one of the 7 nests in this park which is about half a mile from my house, or 7 minutes bike ride away.

All taken with my Sony a6300 & 70-300G lens which I keep in my bicycle handlebar bag.

Comments and questions are always welcome.

-- hide signature --

Life is short, so make the best of it while you still can!
http://grob.smugmug.com/
https://grob.smugmug.com/Wildlife-Pictures/

snapa's gear list:snapa's gear list
Sony a6300 Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Sony FE 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G OSS Sony E 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Phase One Capture One Pro +1 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Sony a6300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow