Pentax k-70 vs sony a6500

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
3BlackArrows New Member • Posts: 2
Pentax k-70 vs sony a6500

Hello

I am just getting into photography and on a pretty tight budget. Earlier last year I got a good deal on a Sony a 6000 with both of the standard kit lenses (16-50mm and 55-210mm). I have really enjoyed using it and have very few gripes about it in general.

I have recently been looking into Pentax cameras in particular the Pentax k-70 because it seems to bring features that the Sony lacks into my price range. Things like in body image stabilization, more manual controls, weather sealing, potential to use older glass and less expensive telephoto lenses.

So these are the questions I have:

1. Do any of you have experience with both of the cameras in question? If so how do they compare?

3. Does the Af and burst speed performance work well enough for wildlife photos compared to the a6000 or a6500?

3. One of my goals is to eventually get a budget lens that gets me out to 300mm. Are these lenses any good: Amazon.com : Pentax DA 55-300mm f/4-5.8 ED Lens for Pentax and Samsung Digital SLR Cameras : Camera Lenses : Electronics

Amazon.com : Pentax HD Pentax-DA 55-300mm f/4-5.8 ED WR Lens : Camcorder Lenses : Electronics

or this if I decide to upgrade to another e mount camera:

Amazon.com : Tamron 70-300mm F/4.5-6.3 Di III RXD for Sony Mirrorless Full Frame/APS-C E-Mount (Tamron 6 Year Limited USA Warranty), Black : Electronics

Any thoughts on these lenses and value vs performance?

4. I am going to either sell my Sony a6000 and upgrade to another Sony e mount camera (probably the a6500); or keep my Sony a6000 and get something like the k-70. Do you think that the the k-70 in particular would be the better investment?

5. Finally I have seen some adapters from e mount to k mount lenses have any of you tried these? Do they work well?

Thanks! Sorry for all of the questions! Hopefully I didn't confuse everyone!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Pentax K-70 Sony a6000 Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow