Advice on a new Compact P&S Camera

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ted States New Member • Posts: 1
Advice on a new Compact P&S Camera

Hi all! I am looking for advice / help on purchasing a new P&S compact camera. I have had a Sony Cybershot G WX 220 for several years. It has produced great photos, but now, there appears to be dust ( or the like ) inside the lens, which produces 'dots', hence I am trying to replace it. This particular model is no longer available, so I went for what I thought would be the newer version - DSC -W830. Disappointment. The issue isn't the quality, but the startup / write time between taking the 1st photo and when it is ready to take the second - it is SO slow by comparison to my old camera. The question is simply, can anyone recommend a fast start-up / fast 'reload' compact P&S camera, for me to look into?  My Cyber G was ( if I recall ) around the $200 mark - some years ago - so I don't want to get into the $1000's  for a pocket camera. Neither does it have to be Sony, but if anyone has a camera they can recommend, I'd be glad to hear about it. Thanks!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow