Texas Elk rut

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Wade Abadie
Wade Abadie Forum Member • Posts: 85
Texas Elk rut

My wife and I were visiting some friends in the Texas Hill Country (north of San Antonio) a couple weeks ago. They live in a very nice gated acreage community which was previously a private 2,000 acre ranch. There is a resident herd of Elk on the property, which are free-roaming across the 2,000 acres. October is rutting time for the elk, and I spent several mornings snapping pics. Here are a few of the highlights, I hope you guys enjoy.

Most of these were taken with my Nikon D500 + Nikon 500mm f/4G, but some of the wider "environmental" shots were taken with my Nikon D7500 + 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G

Wade Abadie's gear list:Wade Abadie's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 500mm f/4G ED VR Nikon D7500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II +8 more
Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-140mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 500mm f/4G ED VR Nikon D500 Nikon D7500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow