New York Swan

Started 2 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Morris0
Morris0 Forum Pro • Posts: 22,069
New York Swan

I visited Jamaica Bay National Wildlife Refuge for the first time in months and was immediately reminded why I love the place. Lots of variety and huge numbers of birds. Brant geese are migrating right now and flocks of thousands of them were flying in and out of the West Pond as I watched in amazement and took photos. This, my first post from the visit will be of a mute swan that stays year round. Mute swans are not native to the New York City yet are loved my many of us.

This sequence was taken just as the sun was about to hit the horizon and is slightly to the left of the frame. The building in the background is One World Trade Center, and was to be named The Freedom Tower intentionally built to 1776 feet tall.

I don't know if I would have been able to take these photos shooting with an SLR due to how bright the background was and as my wife stated, not easy photos to take.

Comments and suggestions welcome,

Morris

Morris0's gear list:Morris0's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C XF 90mm Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR +12 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow