Philips Hue experiences?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
iljitsch Senior Member • Posts: 1,094
Philips Hue experiences?

Has anyone used Philips Hue lights as their source of light when shooting photos, even if only as part of a light setup?

For instance, I'm thinking you could match their color temperature to outside light, a flash or other lights.

Obviously Hue lights are not appropriate for a full-out lighting setup, but if you're shooting indoors in a room where they're installed anyway, why not use them to their fullest potential?

When I got a webcam earlier this year I did some experimentation and found that at 4000K, the webcam seemed to be able to get the optimum amount of light from the Hues.

And it looks like flicker issues with an electronic shutter are very bad > 1/1000, negligible but not completely absent at 1/1000, 1/500 and 1/250, and a bit more at the shutter speeds in between.

-- hide signature --

I ignore users who quote excessively. LIfe is too short to read the same text again and again.

iljitsch's gear list:iljitsch's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon Z fc Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +7 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow