10 bit or RAW for extreme colour changes?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
DavidKennard
OP DavidKennard Regular Member • Posts: 210
Re: 10 bit or RAW for extreme colour changes?

Thanks for the suggestion. I guess I could process a 'normal' (visible light) still RAW image with my UV and IR settings, and see how the colours look. Then get a 'normal' video sample and attempt to perform similar processing and see how closely it matches the colours of the still, and if the image falls apart or not.

However, getting hold of video samples seems to be difficult. Do you know where I can download some samples from? I did find one site ( http://albertyap.com/blogs/2019/12/22/nikon-raw-video-is-finally-here/ ) offering samples of Z6 video in ProRes and ProRes RAW, but the download always seems to fail.

All other 'samples' I can find are just youtube and vimeo videos where the original footage was shot in 10 bit or RAW, but they don't make that original available for download.

DavidKennard's gear list:DavidKennard's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ5 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm X-M1 Fujifilm X-A1 Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM +23 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow