Sony a6500 can the shutter speed be set higher than 160 with the flash on?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
yt1300 New Member • Posts: 4
Sony a6500 can the shutter speed be set higher than 160 with the flash on?

Hi, for the Sony a6500, when the flash is open, the shutter speed can't go any higher than 160. Is there anyway to get around that limit and set it higher? I know that at a higher speed the flash will not sync with the shutter, but that doesn't matter for my purposes.
In short, I'm using an underwater housing (Sea Frogs) that uses fiber optic cables to trigger the external strobe, but I want the option of shooting with the flash or shooting without it (at a higher shutter speed). Because the camera is inside the underwater housing, once the flash is open it cannot be closed mid-dive. I can pull out the fiber optic cable to prevent it from triggering the strobe, but that still leaves me with a top shutter speed of 160 (which is rather slow). If anyone knows a way to get around this, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow