Problem in writing to your SD card?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
plumberdp69 Contributing Member • Posts: 695
Problem in writing to your SD card?

I could not write to SD card on my Dell PC for many months now, says the card is locked. And it is not locked. I have tried it in both locked and unlocked. Same error message. Also tried the many web tips on how to solve this. No success.

Yesterday, I wondered, how does the PC know the card is locked or unlocked. Had a look at the card slot internal. There are 2 clips on the left hand side. Think these 2 clips are used to determine that a card is inserted and also whether the slide is locked or not.

Think the clips are out of position and thus not giving the computer correct information. I pushed in the 2 clips and after 2 attempts, managed to update Z6ii firmware 1.3 and later updated my Z6ii. Yes, can do that via snapbridge but FW 1.30 is not available there yet.

For sharing. Please switch off the PC while pushing in the 2 clips, ground yourself and dont touch the internal. I will not be liable if there are damages. Ha.

plumberdp69's gear list:plumberdp69's gear list
Nikon Z6 II Nikon Z 24-200mm F4-6.3 VR
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow