Nikon Z and DSlR storage shutter worries

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
David11271 Junior Member • Posts: 34
Nikon Z and DSlR storage shutter worries

Hi everyone,

I have 5 Nikons (4 Dslr and a Z50), all in good storage with silica gel packs etc

I recently got a  new minty D4 with 276 shots on it. Anyway Ive recently heard that keeping cameras in long term storage can cause the shutter to seize up and as The main cameras I use are my Z50 and D700 at the moment. 
my plan was to keep my D4 for when my D700 eventually dies , so I’ve still got a camera that delivers those awsome colours from older Nikon etc.

anyway , it’s got me concerned that if I store my “already old” minty D4 , that even though it has an extremely low shutter count , that the shutter could seize from storage and not being use etc?

my question is , is there a way to avoid this while in storage and is there any truth in the possibility that my D4 (and other cameras that I don’t use much D610 and D300S) will seize up if stored long term 1-3 years maybe.

hope this makes sense.

to simplify my question, do the shutter mechs seize up if stored long term (even if keeled in correct humidity etc?

many thanks 🙏

David11271's gear list:David11271's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D300S Nikon D4 Nikon D610 Nikon Z50 +6 more
Nikon D4 Nikon D610 Nikon D700 Nikon Z50
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
FKS
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow