Anyone use the Micro-Nikkor 85mm f/2.8D?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP M West New Member • Posts: 11
Re: Anyone use the Micro-Nikkor 85mm f/2.8D?

Michael Benveniste wrote:

M West wrote:

Thanks. So I have a somewhat stupid question but what does the pop up button on the top of the lens do? I haven't had a chance to get to play with it yet and when reading reviews I didn't see it mentioned.

The pop-up button allows you to open the aperture for focus and composition and then stop down for shooting.

Damn I feel like an idiot, I had to read that four times before it finally clicked. I actually got to take the lens out today and shoot and thinking back on it, this makes complete sense.

One more question, I am not sure if this is lens specific, or digital, or a manual lens thing. Generally speaking I shoot in aperture priority and go from there. With this lens I had to manually use the aperture ring and not the digital selector. The odd part for me was even when I was wide open on 2.8 with the ring, the digital display showed 3.4 or 3.6 I cant remember correctly, or if I closed it all the way down it would go past 45 and go into the 50's.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow