Breathing room for the X-H2?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Batdude
Batdude Veteran Member • Posts: 5,689
Re: MkI & II

Canadianguy wrote:

John Gellings wrote:

Oh I agree. Sony is certainly more popular and also easier to obtain. But us diehard Fuji users don't care about popularity contests.

And the truth is that Sony has answered to all the complaints people had so that mentality that Sony “sucks” might be a thing of the past pretty soon.

I've tried a handful of Sonys for extended periods of time, the A7R, A7II, A7RII, A7c, RX1RII etc... a few of the RX100 series. They still are horrible ergonomically and the menus are still too overly complex. It's obviously I've wanted to like them right? I just do not.

By the way I too know people that don’t like Fuji and they would never buy a Fuji camera.

Of course...

It appears your experience with Sony is with their MkI and II generation of cameras. I would have to agree - their MkI and II cameras were garbage - I wouldn't waste my time on them.

I like that word you used “garbage”.  Is true.  A few years ago went to the camera store to check them out I think it was the A7RII or III don’t recall for sure, but I literally held that camera for maybe around 30 seconds at the most, and then I put it down, left it there with a really negative feeling about it and I moved on.

Whenever the A7IV hits the shelves I’m still going to check it out in person but I seriously doubt I will have that same previous impression about it.  We’ll find out in a few months.

MkIII and now their MkIV generation (A9II, A1, A7IV) bodies is where the action is. Try one of their MkIV bodies and you will be surprised.

I look back on the MkI (12 MP sensors) and MkII (16 MP sensor) Fujifilm bodies and they were a bit_h to use. Sure - the images came out great but you had to fight the AF system to get them. So I wouldn't say that Fujifilm wasn't that much better than Sony in their Gen 1 & 2 bodies.

Batdude's gear list:Batdude's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Nikon D4 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T3 +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow