Breathing room for the X-H2?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Batdude
Batdude Veteran Member • Posts: 5,690
Re: Breathing room for the X-H2?

Jerry-astro wrote:

Batdude wrote:

Let’s face it, if you are using Fuji it’s because you think they still offer something unique. If you just want the coolest specs, then there are surely better deals. Sony could sell that A7 IV for $1500 and I still wouldn’t want it. I just do not like using Sony cameras.

That’s what I told my wife that some people here in the Fuji forum really don’t like Sony, but it looks like a lot of people do like it because everywhere I go someone is using a Sony. And the truth is that Sony has answered to all the complaints people had so that mentality that Sony “sucks” might be a thing of the past pretty soon.
By the way I too know people that don’t like Fuji and they would never buy a Fuji camera.

Well, count me in the group that hasn’t been much of a Sony fan. However, my experience with Sony (NEX series) was quite a few years back and I have little doubt that Sony cameras have evolved and improved significantly since that time. Sony has struggled with developing a user friendly interface that is intuitive and not highly menu driven (and it’s not just their cameras that have suffered from this issue). So, many of us who might be — well, let’s call it less than enthusiastic — about that brand actually base that on some experience, not just a simple bias against Sony’s cameras.

Regardless of all that, everyone has their own preferences and biases. As you point out, not everyone who picks up a Fujifilm camera enjoys the experience or feels compelled to change brands from what they’re currently using. Sony has managed to build a name for themselves and a pretty decent product line. There’s no question that they are a brand to be contended with. All that said, given my earlier experience, I seriously doubt that I would consider changing brands as long as Fujifilm continues to innovate and develop products that meet or exceed my own needs. YMMV.

Bottom line, I don’t think you need to defend Sony here. Their success in the market speaks for itself.

I agree with everything you said.  I’m not defending Sony because I myself have never felt compelled to buy their cameras, until now.  I’m mainly looking at the A7IV because looks and feels like that is the piece of gear for me at this time.  I’m not in love with that company nor I’m defending it and I have always been open minded with any brand, including Pentax.

Batdude's gear list:Batdude's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Nikon D4 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T3 +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow