The EX ZR800 still works

Started 7 months ago | Photos thread
Cyril Catt Veteran Member • Posts: 5,290
Re: The EX ZR800 still works

rube39 wrote:

Cyril Catt wrote:

Hi Rube, good to see some more of Van Isle!

Hey Cyril, thanks for viewing and commenting.

I used to use the Casio (the last in a succession of Casios) a lot when we lived in Japan, and so I brought it back with me to our 'permanent place' on Van Isle. Because of the panic, we haven't been able to get into Canada for 2 years, and so the Casio remained unused, as we did not bring it with us to Northern Spain, where we now reside most of the year.

In Spain, the even smaller (but with a larger, 2/3 sensor) Fuji XQ2 serves the same function that the Casio did in Japan: that of a pocket walk around.

Our truck is even older than the ZR800!

Rube

I note that the XQ2's double sized sensor area comes with 75% of the number of effective pixels and a much wider aperture, so it should be better in dim light than the ZR800. But the ZR800 has much longer zoom reach and battery life.

The two seem designed for relatively different uses  so it's  hard to judge how the Casio's several forms of versatility with merged bursts using an inbuilt second processor, and its high speed and time lapse recordings compare.

Current XQ2's  seem for sale are at about double the price of my Casio when new, whilst there seem no ZR800s for sale today.

But with mobile phone cameras gaining wider and longer reach, and greater capability through IT , I think it's getting about time I traded in my current 6 y.o. phone. But I'd like to  work out some form of VF to enable eye level framing and overcome screen reflections and washouts - similar to the ClearViewer I have on my Casios.

-- hide signature --

Cyril

Cyril Catt's gear list:Cyril Catt's gear list
Canon PowerShot TX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Apple iPhone 13 Pro Max +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow