Breathing room for the X-H2?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
John Gellings
John Gellings Veteran Member • Posts: 8,020
Re: Breathing room for the X-H2?

Batdude wrote:

Samuraidog wrote:

Watching reviews today on Youtube about the Sony A7 IV, it had me thinking that Fujifilm may have made a mistake postponing the release of the X-H2 this year in favor of making a big splash on their 10th anniversary. Of course, the stacked sensor in the X-H2 will probably make a big difference, but I'd think that Fujifilm will lose some potential sales to the A7 IV.

Also, Fujifilm will have to make great strides in AF. If the X-H2 can't compete with the A7 IV in human eye AF, it will also be a huge disappointment. Add to that, the significant improvements in the A7 IV's animal eye AF.

Call me crazy, but I'm hoping for an X-H2 at less than $2500 that is nearly on par with the A1.

I agree with everything you said. Fuji does NOT want to be reading the type of review after review like the Pentax K3III expressing how they are asking for too much money for the XH2 because is an APS-C. Yeah, the XH2 won't be a DSLR and I'm 100% sure it won't be as bad as the K3III, not even close, but is still an APS-C. Again, it HAS to have something special and unique as other have said too, so that XH2 owners won't get really upset when the XT5 shows up.

I'm Just saying

Let’s face it, if you are using Fuji it’s because you think they still offer something unique.  If you just want the coolest specs, then there are surely better deals.  Sony could sell that A7 IV for $1500 and I still wouldn’t want it.  I just do not like using Sony cameras.

-- hide signature --

https://www.johngellings.com
Instagram = @johngellings0 and @nycrandomjg

John Gellings's gear list:John Gellings's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Ricoh GR IIIx Fujifilm GFX 50R Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow