That AE-Lock: G9 Rec Settings

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
NicolaesP New Member • Posts: 8
That AE-Lock: G9 Rec Settings

Thought I shared my G9 Rec. Settings.

C1 is my main setting. In the field I can fix/replace other settings on C1. And when home, C3-3 to restore the original to C1. Sometimes I need Shutter or Manual, C2, C3-1.

Slow motion C3-2 Fn1 becomes Variable Frame Rate (missed that in the drawing).

The problem with the G9 is, you can not set AE Lock (lock the exposure) on a custom button, it has to be on that back button (!).

And I like to lock it for eg Bracketing, Video, etc. So I have to use the shutter for focus (af-on) or the front low button for af-near focus (used for birds in flight, see matthieu gasquet settings), which overrides the shutter's af-on focus. (You can still reprogram fast this layout, see first two items in MyMenu.)

I use minimum shutter SS to quickly set the shutterspeed in Aperture Mode (default 1/1000s)

Here is a handy tip: set animal detect with largest frame on af-c, then set pinpoint on af-s (zoomed out 2 clicks). Now, if you toggle the lever it toggles between point (aim for the eye) and animal detect. Fast reprogram on left press dial.

I also like to film in CineD and take photo's in Natural. I ofcourse shoot in Raw. Then why not photograph in CineD? You cannot see the exposure properly on the screen, all washed out look. I use left-joystick to toggle between Nat and CineD profile and press to record (with all kinds of video settings on the joystick: rec view, IS Lock, ex tele). Benefit on this is, I don't need to switch to movie mode! Recording video is available directly in photograph mode. (Use flickr decrease 1/120s for 60p, 1/60s for 30p fixing the shutterspeed, available in MyMenu).

Also very handy, 1-shot-6k. You do not need to turn the left dial to the 6k mode, only set shutter to 1/60s for video. 6K is hevc 200mbs 10bit 4:2:0 in 3:2 ratio. 5k7 in 16:9.

Any tips (or questions or faults) are welcome.

Cheers,

Edit: Also, set Bracketing on a custom button, not in Q.Menu. This way you can access the parameters directly.

Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow