Breathing room for the X-H2?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
michaeladawson Forum Pro • Posts: 16,506
Re: My fear

John Gellings wrote:

michaeladawson wrote:

Canadianguy wrote:

timwit wrote:

It sounds doubtful that the X-H2 will be released at $2199 with a stacked sensor. The initial price at $2499 sounds more realistic since the cost to fabricate one is expensive.

Tim C.

That is my fear - stacked sensors have not been put into the lower price bodies before by Sony, Canon or Nikon. OK - Sony has it in a 1" sensor camera body but its not a cheap 1" body.

If its going to be 2,499 - I don't think many people will pay for the benefits of a stacked sensor design.

And I don't see Fujifilm overproducing a high price body again like they did for the X-H1 - so I don't foresee a fire sale discount on them. They will probability produce them like the X-Pro3 - in low volumes.

If I wanted a Fujifilm body I'd be on it in a minute at that price. Those that don't want to spend $2500 on a stacked sensor body don't really understand the benefits. Or they're just too poor to be able to afford it.

Really? Maybe the benefits don’t matter to those particular users? And honestly, you can work at McDonalds and figure out how to spend $2500 on something. $2500 is too much for APSC in this market.

Things cost what they cost.  You aren’t getting a stacked sensor in an X-H2 without spending cash.  If Fujifilm thinks they are limited to $2000 then we aren’t getting a stacked sensor.

-- hide signature --

Mike Dawson

michaeladawson's gear list:michaeladawson's gear list
Nikon D7200 Nikon D5 Fujifilm X-T2 Nikon D850 Fujifilm X-E3 +39 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow