John Gellings
John Gellings Veteran Member • Posts: 8,014
Re: Breathing room for the X-H2?

michaeladawson wrote:

John Gellings wrote:

michaeladawson wrote:

Batdude wrote:

Your point is very interesting.

When I purchased my new XH1 at a whooping $1699 plus tax I really really regret it a year later when the price plummeted. I too will never make that same mistake again. The XH1 for what you got was really over priced, IMHO.

But as I said, if Fuji shows up with a XH2 like a mini D4/R3 type body it will be really hard for me to resist

It was not overpriced. I think it was very reasonably priced. The problem was not that it was overpriced but that they came out with the X-T3 shortly thereafter and killed sales.

It was its highest end camera ever and used a 4 year old sensor… that’s not a good combo. The sensor was already in low end Fujis.

Sure. But that's how Fujifilm does everything. Same sensor in all models. I still say the camera was not overpriced. If it had come out at the front end of the sensor generation it would have been fine.

they usually do it in order from flagship to low end though… not the most expensive second to last (x-e3).

That's a mistake they had better never make again. You don't release a flagship camera at the end of the product lifespan.

Well right

If Fujifilm wants to compete in the area of action photography they need a stacked sensor. If they're not going to, well, then they don't.

we will see… I’m more of an Xpro and gfx fan.

-- hide signature --

Mike Dawson

-- hide signature --

https://www.johngellings.com
Instagram = @johngellings0 and @nycrandomjg

John Gellings's gear list:John Gellings's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Ricoh GR IIIx Fujifilm GFX 50R Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow