Breathing room for the X-H2?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Lettermanian
Lettermanian Senior Member • Posts: 1,971
Re: Breathing room for the X-H2?

Canadianguy wrote:

Remember the Sony A7 III - with a release price of 1999 USD - it just crushed Fujifilm's dream of moving APS-C pricing up.

Fast forward to 2021 - A7 IV is out now and it has a release price of $2499 USD.

So some breathing room for an over $2K APS-C body from Fujifilm.

My "The Price is Right" guess for X-H2 pricing - $2199 with a stacked sensor.

Without a stacked sensor - it should be much cheaper.

Hard to say what Fuji will do. Since the release of the X-H1 there have been countless passionate threads on why Fuji made it, how they marketed it, how they priced it, and whether it would have a successor. I have always been skeptical about an X-H2, since the X-H1 was a real miss on Fuji's part, from a marketing perspective. Not bashing it at all though, since I'm on my second one and it's my favourite camera ever.

While it seems like an X-H2 is indeed on the way, I am still saying "I'll believe it when I see it". The X-H1 didn't gain popularity until it was deeply discounted, and given the FF offerings now available, I can't imagine much in the way of people changing systems, unless m43 users finally see the light At best I think it will be seen as an upgrade to existing Fuji users. Ithas to be differentiated enough from the X-Tx series to be able to sell within the Fuji user base, but is it differentiated enough to attract people from other systems? Time will tell...

-- hide signature --

"Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong." -Charles M. Schulz
"I love mankind... it's PEOPLE I can't stand!!" - Linus

Lettermanian's gear list:Lettermanian's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 70-300 F4-5.6 R LM OIS WR
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow