Image Quality you can see

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dave92029 Contributing Member • Posts: 896
Image Quality you can see

There are numerous comments from those who own or want a high MP camera ie: a7Riii; A7riv, A1, etc. about how these cameras have "High Image" quality as compared to the new A7iv and all the rest.

I have a 4k monitor, but I don't have the display set to 4K because everything would be too small to read. I realize that even set at a lower resolution the detail is sharper than on a monitor capable of 1080p.

I also realize that the "extra" mp allow one to more easily "Crop" their raw image, but that is Not the same as "image Quality" is it?

Mark Galer, who I respect, comments that he Crops his raw images drown to 4K for presentation. The primary use/ benefit of a high MP image is in printing a Very Large poster. How many every do that? I never have.

4K is generally considered 3840 x2160 (8.3 MP), so isn't everything else usually being deleted.

300 ppi is generally considered a high quality image, but doesn't Apple Retina screens usually only reproduce 264 ppi?

How does very high MP cameras produce "better" image quality" than 24mp +???

Thanks for your help

Dave

dave92029's gear list:dave92029's gear list
Sony a6400 Sony a7 IV Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 28mm F2 Sony 1.4x Teleconverter (2016) +2 more
Sony a1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow