Breathing room for the X-H2?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
michaeladawson Forum Pro • Posts: 16,499
Re: Breathing room for the X-H2?

John Gellings wrote:

michaeladawson wrote:

Batdude wrote:

Your point is very interesting.

When I purchased my new XH1 at a whooping $1699 plus tax I really really regret it a year later when the price plummeted. I too will never make that same mistake again. The XH1 for what you got was really over priced, IMHO.

But as I said, if Fuji shows up with a XH2 like a mini D4/R3 type body it will be really hard for me to resist

It was not overpriced. I think it was very reasonably priced. The problem was not that it was overpriced but that they came out with the X-T3 shortly thereafter and killed sales.

It was its highest end camera ever and used a 4 year old sensor… that’s not a good combo. The sensor was already in low end Fujis.

Sure.  But that's how Fujifilm does everything.  Same sensor in all models.  I still say the camera was not overpriced.  If it had come out at the front end of the sensor generation it would have been fine.

That's a mistake they had better never make again.  You don't release a flagship camera at the end of the product lifespan.

If Fujifilm wants to compete in the area of action photography they need a stacked sensor.  If they're not going to, well, then they don't.

-- hide signature --

Mike Dawson

michaeladawson's gear list:michaeladawson's gear list
Nikon D7200 Nikon D5 Fujifilm X-T2 Nikon D850 Fujifilm X-E3 +39 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow