Which Z will be a better fit to be "on the hip" camera for walk-about events?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dennis3
Dennis3 Forum Member • Posts: 87
Which Z will be a better fit to be "on the hip" camera for walk-about events?

I am torn between Z50, Z5, Z6, Z6 II and the like ... and want to ask the community to help guide my next camera choice.

Background: I use my Sony RX100 for events/conventions and carry it most everywhere, and it fits in my pocket. I use my Nikon D7200 when I want a higher-quality image.

I am seeking to upgrade my Sony RX100 and I am seeking an "in-between" camera size-wise that's bigger than RX100 and smaller than D7200, where the camera can hang on my hip so to speak, and be with me at most all times during events, including when I am doing something wilder at a convention, say dancing or running about.

I take short videos occasionally, and I do want a camera that can work alright for video, i.e. not much worse compared to RX100.

What would you recommend?

Budget: near-$1000, but will go up to $1,500 if a camera will be a better fit overall long-term

Dennis3's gear list:Dennis3's gear list
Sony RX100 V Nikon D7000 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF +1 more
Nikon D7200 Nikon Z50 Nikon Z6 Nikon Z6 II Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow