ON1 Photoraw 2022 plugin capability

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Almazar80 Senior Member • Posts: 1,620
Re: ON1 Photoraw 2022 plugin capability

Topaz was a different story. The lifetime free upgrade offer was generous and it was going to run them to the ground. I don't think we would have gotten Adjust AI, DeNoise AI, Sharpen AI if they continued that policy. The update policy now isn't too bad. If you have more than one program, paying $100 USD a year for upgrades. If you choose not to pay, the last version before your upgrade expiration period remains forever useable. And they give you options.

What I don't like with ON1 is that since Photoraw 2021 worked as plugins, and you subscribe to their Plus Pro program, they should at least make it possible for you to get the plugins at a reasonable cost (the 2022 version). After all, the subscription started with the purchase of a product that worked as a standalone and as a plugin.  Good will is a good thing. Especially since there was no overt indication that they were going to take the plugin functionality out of the Photoraw product.

If they could offer the plugins at say $30 for Photoraw 2022 owners, that would not be bad. Not great, but it will bring the price close to the original launch price of Photoraw years ago. The fact that they charge more for the plugins that the standalone version tells me, at least, that the plugins business is still the primary source of their income.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow