Breathing room for the X-H2?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
John Gellings
John Gellings Veteran Member • Posts: 8,014
Re: Breathing room for the X-H2?

Batdude wrote:

John Gellings wrote:

Canadianguy wrote:

Remember the Sony A7 III - with a release price of 1999 USD - it just crushed Fujifilm's dream of moving APS-C pricing up.

Fast forward to 2021 - A7 IV is out now and it has a release price of $2499 USD.

So some breathing room for an over $2K APS-C body from Fujifilm.

My "The Price is Right" guess for X-H2 pricing - $2199 with a stacked sensor.

Without a stacked sensor - it should be much cheaper.

I think Fuji has learned its lesson... $2,000 is the top of APSC unless you are Leica. They won't make any mistakes with the X-H2.

Your point is very interesting.

When I purchased my new XH1 at a whooping $1699 plus tax I really really regret it a year later when the price plummeted.

Well, it could have been worse... The X-H1 had an MSRP of $1899 body only and $2199 bundled with the VPB-XH1 vertical grip at intro.  I was one of the lucky ones to get it for $999 with grip...and then sold the grip.  I used the camera for about a year and then sold it for a $100 profit in Chile.

I too will never make that same mistake again. The XH1 for what you got was really over priced, IMHO.

But as I said, if Fuji shows up with a XH2 like a mini D4/R3 type body it will be really hard for me to resist

-- hide signature --

https://www.johngellings.com
Instagram = @johngellings0 and @nycrandomjg

John Gellings's gear list:John Gellings's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Ricoh GR IIIx Fujifilm GFX 50R Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow