Breathing room for the X-H2?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Jerry-astro
MOD Jerry-astro Forum Pro • Posts: 18,471
Re: Breathing room for the X-H2?

Batdude wrote:

Your point is very interesting.

When I purchased my new XH1 at a whooping $1699 plus tax I really really regret it a year later when the price plummeted. I too will never make that same mistake again. The XH1 for what you got was really over priced, IMHO.

But as I said, if Fuji shows up with a XH2 like a mini D4/R3 type body it will be really hard for me to resist

As with any high tech product, it all comes down to how much of an early adopter you really want to be.  Initial pricing will be acceptable to people who are attracted to the latest and greatest technology and don’t want to wait for the inevitable drop in price over time to get their hands on it.  Alas, as a long time technophile, I mostly fall into that category (though retirement has “encouraged” me to rethink that at times).  Any camera can be regarded as “overpriced” if you want it bad enough to make the leap and purchase it right after introduction.  Patience will always be rewarded if you don’t mind reading all the positive reviews and praise within the forum and simply wait a little while for the price to drop or for an inevitable sale price to be offered.

So, for most dyed-in-the-wool early adopters… well… resistanace is futile.  Drag out the checkbook and enjoy an early look at that new camera.  I’ve been [not so patiently] awaiting the X-H2 and, being one of those early adopter types, resisting being first in line is going take every bit of willpower I can muster up.  Though… having an accountant as a wife  might help that along.

Good luck with the “resistance” part.  I hope you’ll do better than I suspect I might.

-- hide signature --

Jerry-Astro
Fuji Forum co-Mod

Jerry-astro's gear list:Jerry-astro's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR Fujifilm XF 8-16mm F2.8 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow