Breathing room for the X-H2?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Batdude
Batdude Veteran Member • Posts: 5,678
Re: Breathing room for the X-H2?

Canadianguy wrote:

Remember the Sony A7 III - with a release price of 1999 USD - it just crushed Fujifilm's dream of moving APS-C pricing up.

Fast forward to 2021 - A7 IV is out now and it has a release price of $2499 USD.

So some breathing room for an over $2K APS-C body from Fujifilm.

My "The Price is Right" guess for X-H2 pricing - $2199 with a stacked sensor.

Without a stacked sensor - it should be much cheaper.

I'm not getting rid of my two X-T1 bodies, but man I'm sorry I'm starting to really like this new A7IV FF. Dang it! Sony has improved everything in it. Menus, IQ, etc. I don't need high FPS and a stacked sensor, so this A7IV might be just the right camera for me and although I have been saying for the longest time that I don't need more resolution, 33MP ain't bad. I shot with the 36MP Pentax K1 for a year and I had no problem. I really hate flippy screens but besides that this A7IV might be the camera for me.

Maybe a used Panasonic S1, but I like what I'm seeing from Sony so far.

I haven't seen anything about a XH2 and again, 40MP with those massive Fuji RAW file sizes is not attractive to me at all. Now, what would interest me is IF, the XH2 comes in a one single Pro body like a mini Canon R3. THAT would interest me and I would pay $2500, but to be very honest, besides that I'm not sure the XH2 will be the camera for me, and is almost November and it hasn't shown up.

Batdude's gear list:Batdude's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Nikon D4 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T3 +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow