I really like the a7c!

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dbose Regular Member • Posts: 381
I really like the a7c!

I moved from the a6400 to the a7c about a month ago and wanted to wait until the honeymoon was over before I gave my impressions.  First impression of the flip out screen was that I hated it but now that I have used it a bunch I realize how great it is. Pictures like the following would have been hard if not impossible on the a6400 because of the low angle portrait orientation or reaching around obstacles .

Another area that this camera works better for me is low light. I knew full frame had an advantage but I really didn’t expect it to be as big of a difference as it really was. I was shocked that the auto ISO didn’t have to go higher then what it was on the next shots as it was really bad lighting. Also on the picture of my daughter and her friend I love the shallow DOF that is easy to come by on FF

As for Negatives I wish the exposure comp dial had a lock.  I have inadvertently either over or underexposed many times now.  I do miss the extra custom button but the extra memory slots help with that a bit.  And just a general APSC vs FF comment is that I do miss the smaller lighter telephoto lenses.

I know this was not much of a review but that’s been done before I just wanted to give a couple thoughts and examples.

Thanks for looking

Dave

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow