Z6ii Newbie - questions, JPEGS/RAW comparing to my Fuji - pic's?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Sutto Contributing Member • Posts: 776
Z6ii Newbie - questions, JPEGS/RAW comparing to my Fuji - pic's?

I just bought the z6ii this week.  Lots to get my head around, but it seems a nice camera to use.  I've very happily been in Fuji's camp since their outset (11 years for me). I have many wonderful images on my website, and I've still kept all of my lovely gear.  However, I had wondered if in some instances I could getter better dynamic range and low light, with the FF Nikon.

Because I've been with Fuji for so long, I only have the Fuji copy of C1.  Obviously, I can't shoot the Nikon in RAW and process those on this copy of C1 - so unfortunately I'm only shooting at the moment in JPEGS (which I never use).  In Australia the full version of C1 is over $400, and I don't believe in hiring by the month.  My problem is, until I decide I'm going to keep the Nikon, I will not buy the full C1.  However, without it I can't process the RAWS.  The JPEG's from the Nikon look as dead as a duck, compared to my lovely Fuji files.

My question - are the Nikon RAW files (after processing), much better and nicer than the Nikon JPEGs?  At the moment I'm very disappointed with what I'm seeing, but I do know it's probably not the camera, it is probably my PP.  Anybody have anything to suggest?  The last three are from my Fuji files, first three from Nikon JPEGS!  The Nikon shots are not good ones, I've only been out once with the camera and haven't shot any gigs or events with it yet, but will give you an idea!

Sutto

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow