Bug detected in Facebook photo uploading process

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
trut_maluglist
trut_maluglist Regular Member • Posts: 365
Bug detected in Facebook photo uploading process

I have detected a bug with Facebook's uploading photos process. Photos are getting stripped of their data by very significant amounts - some greater amounts than others.

I recently uploaded five photos to an existing Facebook photo gallery. I used the Facebook app within my iPhone7 to upload these photos. Upon looking at the photos, I noticed that 4 of the 5 photos looked like very low resolution. So I right clicked and downloaded each. I noticed that four of the five were approximately 960x550 and one was 3225x1229. So it had me wondering why it downsized the photos. I tried the same process later using a different existing Facebook photo album and got the same results. Just to be sure there was not a problem with the raw images, I both uploaded all five of them them to my Flickr gallery and emailed them to myself, then downloaded them. This time, they came out as 9641x3887, 4028x2627, 5073x2912, 7069x3638 and 7672x3934 - both with Flickr and email.

Then I tried another method to upload them to Facebook - selecting the photos, tapping on the up arrow and selecting my Facebook feed. (only two of the five would upload). Upon downloading these, they showed up as 960x551 and 960x626.

This bug is sufficient enough that I would never consider ever uploading photos to Facebook again and I would advise others to not use Facebook to share their photos due to the fact their photos will get stripped of data.

Has anyone else encountered this bug? If so, what workaround is there?

-- hide signature --
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow