A reunion, of sorts

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RichDitch
RichDitch Senior Member • Posts: 1,024
A reunion, of sorts

I've been sidelined and distracted from my usual web activities by a visit a long time in the making. Three of my close high school friends decided to visit me here in Phoenix AZ, since I no longer can get away on a multi day trip anywhere. The four of us graduated high school in 1966, and although I've seen one of my friends a few times since then I hadn't seen the other two since 1970. We had a great time catching up with one another, had a nice picnic including three relatives of two of my friends who live in Phoenix, did some sight seeing, and even revived our game of bridge that I haven't played in all that time.

I took hundreds of photos with my N1 gear, and edited them down to 90 to share with them. I've finished processing 60 of those so far. Here are 14 of those shots.

High School friend Ed and Larry at South Mountain Park, Phoenix, AZ. V2, 10-100.

Larry gets ready to cook at our picnic. V3, 32/1.2.

Sidewalk "brand" at the local park, for my collection. V2, 10-100.

Ed rants about politics. V3, 32/1.2.

P51 Mustang at Commemorative Air Force Museum, Mesa, AZ. V2, 6.7-13.

Ed studies the P51 Mustang. V2, 6.7-13.

P51 Mustang at Commemorative Air Force Museum, Mesa, AZ. V2, 6.7-13.

WWII Flight Suits, US and Japanese. V3, 6.7-13.

WWII uniform. V2, 6.7-13.

Pilot's instruments, Huey helicopter. V2, 6.7-13.

B17 Flying Fortress, still flying. V2, 6.7-13.

B17 nose art - Betty Grable pinup pose. V2, 6.7-13.

B17 cockpit. V2, 6.7-13.

B17 bomb bay with tight fit walkway. V2, 6.7-13.

The air force museum is always worth a visit, but especially when the B17 is on site and not out touring. There are only about 10 B17s that can still fly. When Sentimental Journey is in the hanger at Mesa it is set up so visitors can walk through. It was really tough to get my old legs over a couple of the bulkheads, and even tougher to get my large gut through the very narrow walkway. Due to this very tight area I decided to just use a single camera and my widest lens, the 6.7-13, for all my photography here.

-- hide signature --

You can see a lot just by looking.
WSSA #449

Nikon 1 V3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow