Museum of the American Railroad

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bluzman
bluzman Senior Member • Posts: 1,255
Museum of the American Railroad

Earlier this week, a group to which I belong visited this museum in Frisco, TX (https://www.historictrains.org/) for a tour. The outdoor display includes steam, electric, and diesel electric locomotives. I took my FZ300 and here are some of the sights.

======================================================================

The images below are of Union Pacific "Big Boy" No. 4018.

Only one of these huge, 1.2 million pound machines, No. 4014, is still running. It was overhauled and refurbished so that it could be in Ogden, UT in 2019 for the 150th anniversary celebration of the Golden Spike that marked the completion of the transcontinental railway. In August of this year, while on a tour of the U.S., No. 4014 spent time Fort Worth and Houston.

FWIW, here's a picture taken on a previous visit that gives a sense of how big a "Big Boy" really is. The person in the picture is 5'6" tall.

bluzman's gear list:bluzman's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ1000 II Nikon D7500 Nikon Z50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Nikon D500 +16 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow